scarpa introduced the 4-The Quattro family of ski boots, its “lightest GripWalk hybrid ski boots” to date.
Combining performance and functionality for touring, backcountry travel and walking, Scarpa said its 4-Quattro XT and SL will appear to a wide range of consumers, including “expert level alpine skiers and snow professionals everyday skiers looking for versatility combined with power, mobility, lightness and safety for standing up.
“The 4-Quattro boot is Scarpa’s first line of ski boots entirely focused on the world of alpine skiing, so we made sure to build a performance-oriented boot that was light and technical enough for the best skiers in the world, but one that is comfortable and versatile for everyday skiers who want a boot that covers a wide range of potential uses,” said Massimo Pellizzer, Ski Boot Category Manager at Scarpa.
The 4-Quattro boots carry over to Scarpa’s Freedom series, introduced in 2013, which combines performance and alpine ski construction in a layered shell with lightness and a wide range of cuff movement. Theeries also takes sustainability into account with a shell and backhand made from renewable, plant-based materials.
Scarpa said the following:
- “Key to the Quattro’s performance is a low-volume, performance-oriented fit, an over-injected carbon insert for improved precision and torsional stiffness, and a low stand height that improves power transmission to the skis.
- A major differentiator for these boots is the first full-coverage GripWalk sole, which improves traction and safety for snow professionals or anyone who spends a lot of time walking in their ski boots. The design is compatible with GripWalk certified downhill or ski touring bindings.
- The Quattros The Alpine Axial Hybrid construction allows the precision and energy transmission of a classic overlapping ski boot while adjusting to accommodate a wide range of foot shapes and allowing easier entry into the boot.
- A frictionless magnesium Speed Lock 4 ski/hike mechanism with a 61 degree range of motion is extremely light yet extremely strong, balancing weight with power.
- Stock features include a thermoformable Intuition lining and built-in Recco search function.
- The 4-Quattro XT for men and women is made with plant-based Grilamid Bio and offers a flex index of 130 for men and 115 for women, with weights of 1,500 grams (27) and 1,345 grams (25). XT versions also come with an integrated Booster strap.
- The 4-Quattro SL for men and women is made from plants Pebax R-new and offers a flex rating of 120 for men and 100 for women, with weights of 1,430 grams (27) and 1,290 grams (25).
- SCARPA builds on its use of sustainable materials with plant-derived materials from the 4-Quattro family, which it has already used in other boot programs, including the best-selling Maestrale and Gea. Grilamid Bio and Pebax Rnew come from the castor plant, which reduces the use and emissions of fossil fuels when going from raw material to usable material. Additionally, castor beans can be grown in arid lands where other agriculture is generally not possible, so they do not compete with food production and also provide economic activity in places where no other agriculture is possible. takes place.
Scarpa will showcase its Quattro boots in Denver on January 25, where it will host a launch event with a new Ski Ambassador Bode Miller, longtime ski athlete Chris Davenport and others.
Photo courtesy Scarpa