For any photos used, please credit Breckenridge Ski Resort
This summer, experience the mountain you love in a whole new way. Swap your skis for bikes and your boards for hikes. Or just take in the scenery and beat the city heat. Either way, your days will be filled with summer fun, mountain adventures and views that will literally take your breath away.
So, are you ready to elevate your summer in Breck?! Join us for a high mountain summer, with daily operations until Labor Day (September 5).
Ride for FREE BreckConnect Gondola
The BreckConnect Gondola operates daily during the summer, providing free transportation between the town of Breckenridge and the Peak 8 base area of the ski resort. Climb aboard a gondola cabin to enjoy a complimentary scenic ride and transportation to and from summer mountain adventures at Breck’s Epic Discovery.
Epic mountain discovery activities
The hub of epic mountain discovery activities in Breck is at Summit 8, starting at Base Camp and then hiking up Colorado SuperChair to Alpine Camp. The most popular summer activities are the Alpine Slides and the Gold Runner Coaster (Pro Tip: Arrive early and hit these fan favorites early to best avoid the lines). There are also a variety of scenic, family-friendly, and exciting activities throughout Epic Discovery. See below for a full list of planned summer activity offerings.
Escape the heat with a mountain retreat
Breck’s high mountain environment allows you to get outside and cool off in the summer. With a base elevation of 9,600 feet above sea level, low humidity, and average summer temperatures in the mid-70s, Breck is the perfect mountain retreat to escape the heat and humidity of the city.
With the low humidity, temperatures in the mountains can vary greatly between morning, afternoon and evening. Also, add the elevation factor and you might find that while shorts and a t-shirt were fine for walking around town, it might not be enough in the mountains (on average, expect you expect the temperature to drop 5 degrees with every 1,000 feet of elevation gained). We always recommend that you check the weather before heading out for your summer activity and bring plenty of water, sunscreen, layers and a rain jacket, just in case.
Forgive Our Build – Rip’s Ride Chairlift Upgrade
This summer, the resort is upgrading the Rip’s Ride chairlift on Peak 8 to a high-speed quad for the upcoming 2022/23 winter season. Due to this construction, there will be impacts on summer activities and trails. Most notably, the Lil’ Climber Challenge Course and Bungee Trampolines will be located near Colorado Superchair. Also, due to construction, there will be no beginner mountain bike trails this summer and the resort will not be operating the Kids Summer Slide activity, Kids Zipline or Zipline Breck Flyer.
2022 Summer Activities and Operations
Breck Connect Gondola opening hours: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Epic Discovery hours of operation: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Breck Connect Gondola: Free transport from town to the base of Peak 8
- Colorado SuperChair: scenic walks, bicycle transport and access to the alpine camp
- 5-Chairs: Access to the Alpine Slides
Restaurant in the mountains:
- Ski Hill Grill & TBar: Located at the base of Peak 8
- Vista Haus: located in Alpine Camp, at the top of Colorado Superchair
- Sevens: Located at the base of the Peak 7
Peak 8 Base Camp Activities:
- Colorado Superchair: Scenic rides, bicycle transport and access to the alpine camp
- Panoramic walks: Ride the Colorado SuperChair for beautiful views over 11,000 feet above sea level.
- Transport of bicycles/mountain bikes: Mountain served bike access to summit trails 7 and 8
- Alpine slides: A classic favorite, choose between three 2,600-foot-long slides and control the speed of the cart as you zip down berms, turns and straights.
- gold runner coaster: Ride alone or with a friend on 2,500 feet of elevated roller coaster track and meander through the forest at speeds of up to 25 MPH.
- Lil’ Climber Challenge Course: The child version of Alpineer Challenge Course features ropes, bridges, logs and other kid-friendly obstacles and challenges for younger kids.
- Elastic trampolines: Harness for bouncing, flipping and gliding to mountain peaks.
- Mini golf: Putt for fun or a hole-in-one on this scenic 18-hole miniature golf course.
- Mini Miner Gemstone Panoramic: Search for gems and bring the goods home.
Alpine Camp Activities (accessible via Colorado Superchair):
- mountaineer Challenge course: Harness and test your balance and agility on one of 15 different challenges ranging from logs, bridges, rope swings and more.
- Gold Summit Climbing Wall: The 40-foot-tall climbing wall offers 16 distinct routes to challenge all ability levels, from beginner to advanced climbers.
- Vista Point Observation Tower: Enjoy panoramic views of Breck and the surrounding mountains.
- Interpretation hiking loop: This gentle walking loop includes “Story Stakes” with photos, fun facts, and hands-on activities about the environment and wildlife of Breckenridge Ski Resort.
- Horseshoe Bowl Hike Loop: That about The 1 mile high alpine loop trail is a moderate hike that is covered in red, yellow, and purple wildflowers in mid-summer.